Hairstyling is a form of self-expression and a way to showcase your personality. It can also be a way to switch things up and add a new dimension to your appearance. However, not everyone has the time, money, or skill to go to a salon regularly. That’s where easy hairstyles that you can do yourself come in. In this article, we will explore some simple hairstyles that can be done at home, without the need for any professional help.
- High Ponytail:
The high ponytail is a classic hairstyle that is both chic and functional. It’s perfect for those days when you need to keep your hair out of your face or when you want to add a touch of elegance to your look. To achieve this look, follow these steps:
- Brush your hair to remove any tangles.
- Pull your hair up towards the crown of your head and secure it with a hair elastic.
- Adjust the ponytail to ensure that it’s centered and at the right height.
- To add some extra volume, tease the hair at the crown of your head using a comb or a brush.
- Messy Bun:
The messy bun is a popular hairstyle that looks effortless and casual. It’s perfect for those days when you don’t have the time or energy to style your hair. To achieve this look, follow these steps:
- Gather your hair into a high ponytail and secure it with hair elastic.
- Twist the ponytail around the base to create a bun shape.
- Use bobby pins to secure any loose strands in place.
- Gently pull out a few strands of hair around your face to create a messy, effortless look.
Messy Bun Hairstyles Ideas
- Braided Crown
The braided crown is a beautiful and feminine hairstyle that’s perfect for special occasions or just for everyday wear. To achieve this look, follow these steps:
- Part your hair down the center and separate it into two sections.
- Starting at the front of one section, begin to braid your hair, adding more hair to the braid as you move toward the back of your head.
- Once you reach the back of your head, secure the braid with a hair elastic.
- Repeat the process on the other side.
- Take the two braids and cross them over each other at the back of your head, securing them in place with bobby pins.
- Half-Up Half-Down
The half-up, half-down hairstyle is a great option for those who want to keep their hair out of their face but still showcase their locks. To achieve this look, follow these steps:
- Separate the top section of your hair from the bottom section.
- Gather the top section of your hair and secure it with a hair elastic.
- Tease the hair at the crown of your head to add some volume.
- Gently pull on a few strands of hair around your face to create a more relaxed, effortless look.
- Fishtail Braid
The fishtail braid is a beautiful and intricate hairstyle that looks more difficult than it actually is. To achieve this look, follow these steps:
- Brush your hair to remove any tangles.
- Pull your hair back into a ponytail and secure it with hair elastic.
- Separate the ponytail into two equal sections.
- Take a small strand of hair from the outside of the left section and cross it over to the inside of the right section.
- Repeat the process in the right section.
- Continue to alternate between the left and right sections, crossing small strands of hair over until you reach the end.
- Secure the end of the braid with hair elastic.
- Top Knot
The top knot is a trendy and versatile hairstyle that can be worn on various occasions. It is a great option for those with long hair who want a stylish and functional look.
Here’s how to style a top knot:
Step 1: Start by brushing your hair to remove any tangles and ensure that it is smooth.
Step 2: Pull your hair up into a high ponytail. The placement of the ponytail can vary depending on your preference, but it should be positioned on the crown of your head.
Step 3: Secure the ponytail with an elastic band. Make sure it is tight enough to hold the hair in place but not too tight that it causes discomfort.
Step 4: Take the ponytail and twist it around the elastic band. Keep twisting until the hair forms a bun shape.
Step 5: Once you have twisted the hair into a bun, use bobby pins to secure it in place. Pin the bun to the base of the ponytail, tucking in any loose strands.
Step 6: To finish, apply hairspray to keep the hairstyle in place.
- If you want a more voluminous top knot, tease your hair before pulling it back into a ponytail.
- You can also add a hair accessory like a scarf or headband to add some extra style to your top knot.
- For a messier, casual look, pull out a few strands of hair around your face and tug gently at the bun to loosen it up.